воскресенье, 27 мая 2012 г.

Shoulder Exercise – Overhead Medicine Ball Pass


Shoulder exercises can get boring.  Every time you push or pull a weight, you’re performing a shoulder exercise.  Booooring !!!  So sometimes, I like to try something different … add some functionality to my shoulder workout.   Here’s a shoulder exercise I began doing recently.  It’s a plyometric shoulder exercise and works your shoulders both concentrically and eccentrically.

Shoulder Exercise – Overhead Medicine Ball Pass

It’s very simple:
  • hold a medicine ball in one hand
  • laterally raise the arm holding the ball and toss the ball overhead
  • reach above your head with your empty hand and catch the ball
  • when you’ve stopped the balls momentum, repeat by throwing the ball back overhead
  • 10 reps with each arm will make your shoulders tired.
Here are a few things to consider when doing this shoulder exercise:
  • start with a light medicine ball (I used a 12lb ball in the video and it’s a good shoulder workout)
  • it may make your biceps sore – I think it’s a result of catching the ball with your biceps in an extended position
  • it’s a great exercise for hand – eye coordination
Give the Overhead Medicine Ball Pass a try and let me know what you think.  If you have any questions, leave a comment and I’ll do my best to answer it.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий