суббота, 12 октября 2013 г.

Deadlift Training


 

For those looking for a deadlift training cycle to follow, I thought I would post what I will be following for the next several weeks.

Deadlift Training Cycle Template

(If anyone wants to give it a try)
My plan is to work my raw sumo DL with a mixed hook grip, and increase the weight to improve my technique and pain tolerance with the new grip.
I also have included rack pulls and double overhand Stifflegged Deadlifts (SLDL) in order to work three other weak points that I have targeted:
  • Grip: Double overhand SLDL will emphasize this. I will also be doing the rack pulls with a mixed grip to build grip strength.
  • Erectors: The stifflegs will tax my erectors, which should also carry over well to squat.
  • Lockout: I usually get stuck right at the top of my missed deadlift attempts, which is when my grip fades.
Assistance:
My assistance will be shrugs almost every week. This will also work my grip. I am going to alternate high and low rep days for shrugs. I will also rotate in double-overhand shrugs for some more grip work.
When I feel like it, I will additionally throw in some rowing.
If you give it a try, let me know how it goes,
Clint Smith

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий