пятница, 23 января 2015 г.

Functional Training: Short Kettlebell Kicker

 Short Kettlebell Kicker Workout


Lately in my world – the shorter the workout, the better. 
In the last month, I’ve been on complete overload. I’ve had some big final exams, made some major (backend) changes to my website, officially created my business, and this past weekend, my only sister got married.
As a result, my workouts haven’t been going so well. 
Not only have I lost sleep, but I’ve also been experiencing chronic pain in my throat and chest, my anxiety attacks have come back, and my immune system is tanking – along with my focus and drive.
Which all can be summarized as one common condition: stress
While part of me feels like an impostor for not being able to keep up with workouts and manage my stress appropriately, it’s a stark reminder that I have limitation, and I’m far from perfect. 
When you start writing to the world (also known as “blogging”) with the goal of helping people with their health and fitness, the pressure to emulate everything you recommend and stand for can be entirely overwhelming. So, just so we’re on the same page, I’m actually really good at forgetting my own advice, I have extra fat hanging out on my stomach and thighs, I still can’t do more than three pull ups in a row, and yeah – I put way too much stress on myself quite frequently.
Throughout these last few weeks, workouts at home have been my saving grace. While it’s going to take some time to get back into the groove of regular training and lifting, I’ve recently started incorporating short, intense workouts that include functional body movements and my kettlebells.
And lucky for you, one of my favorites is the short kettlebell kicker listed below.
If you’re short on time like me, I highly recommend securing a set of good kettlebells to build your fitness. They can be used for metabolic conditioningstrength training, and functional workouts – and you can knock out a seriously awesome workout in no time. I also recommend using a mat to help keep your kettlebell from being scratch or damaging the floor, and a little bit of hand chalk if you have a “healthy” sweat rate like me.
We got our set of kettlebells from CFF and we love them. You can also purchase a variety of quality kettlebells from CAP barbell which are pretty affordable and ship for free.

Short Kettlebell Kicker

Instructions: For this workout, you’ll do the entire workout as fast as good form allows. This means the workout is short, but your intensity should be high.
Warm up: Perform at least 10 minutes of Dynamic Range of Motion movement. Then, perform 3 rounds of 5 reps of each exercise listed below at a steady pace. 
The Workout:
Perform 5 rounds of the following:
Cool down: Walk, stretch, and polish your kettlebell. 

Newbie to the Workout Scene? Start here!

Instructions: If you’re new to working out, perform 5 rounds with 1 minute rest in between each round. Only push yourself as hard as good form allows.

 

Short Kettlebell Kicker Workout - Coconuts & Kettlebells

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий