вторник, 10 сентября 2013 г.

30-Minute Kettlebell Workout


First off, how awesome is this workout tank?! One of my (many) favorite things about Pinterest is that it’s helped me discover a ton of amazing Etsy vendors, and Firedaughter Clothing is now high on my list. The workout tanks are perfect. I already can’t wait to buy SUCK IT UP in blue and, being that I live in Boston, it’d be a crime for me to not own WICKED FAST RUNNAH. Wearing this tank makes me feel obligated to take it to the next level with my workout, which brings me to today’s kettlebell sweat sesh…

30-Minute Kettlebell Workout

Equipment I Used:
Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 30 rounds of 40 seconds of work and 20 seconds of rest. You can adjust interval lengths and the kettlebell weights depending on your current level of fitness. You’ll go through the following sequence five times:
  • Kettlebell Swings: This is hands-down one of my favorite exercises. Start with kettlebell down between your legs and, using your arms as a pendulum, swing the bell to eye level by powering through with your hips and legs while keeping your core tight as you stand up straight. Swing back down and repeat. Proper form is important, so watch this (random) video if this is your first time using kettlebells. You’ll notice that I use somewhat of a squatting position at the bottom, and I should mention that I’ve heard some trainers say it should be more of a deadlift. I used 25 lbs.
  • Windmills (Left): Start in a standing position, legs wide, kettle bell pressed above head in left hand. Your left foot should be pointing forward, your right foot pointing out at an angle. Slowly bend down, keeping legs and arm holding kettle bell straight. Touch the ground by your right foot with your right hand, keeping the kettlebell perpendicular to the ground the whole time. Slowing raise up to starting position. I used 15 lbs.
  • Windmills (Right)
  • Kettlebell Swing Punches: This is just like a regular swing except for at the top, bend your elbows wide, bringing the kettle bell in towards your face, and punch it back out (preferably before you whack yourself in the forehead with the kettlebell). I used 25 lbs.
  • Russian Twists: Sit with legs elevated, leaning slightly backwards, and twist from right to left, bringing kettlebell from one side of your body to the other. I used 15 lbs.
  • Goblet Squats: Squat down, legs slightly more than shoulder-width apart, holding a kettlebell. I used 25 lbs.
I really felt this workout in my sides, inner thighs and back the next couple days. Kettlebells make for an amazing workout, and this 30-minute interval routine certainly didn’t disappoint! Form is super important with kettlebell swings, so if you’re just starting out and have any questions, let me know—I’ll locate some good resources online for you.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий