вторник, 10 декабря 2013 г.

Any Movement Is Better Than None At All

 

Even though I’m currently unable to get my normal outdoor workouts in, I can still get to the park and get some movement in. Here’s a quick clip showing just a few of my daily “rehab” drills for my hip recovery.
This video does not show my entire rehab routine, but it will give you a taste of some of the things I’m doing 4-5 days a week.
 balance reach
The clip includes:
1. Distraction work – Definitely prefer having this done with a qualified professional…but the superband does allow you to still get some benefits. Depending on where your issue is, change up the angles and hold the positions for about 2 minutes each. I feel so much more “open” after holding 4-5 of these different positions.
2. Glute activation – I think 95% of us could have a more “active” butt. Here are a couple staples in the routine.
3. Strengthening – Three months post-op I’m able to add some light external load…I didn’t bring any med balls or kettlebells with me for this session though.
4. Balance & stabilization – The unilateral and PNF-pattern work is the most challenging exercises for me. When I first started all of these, my feet and calves were really sore…which just showed me that they needed a lot of work. I’ve definitely improved a little each week and plan to continue them for another month or two.
 
Being injured isn’t necessarily an excuse to skip your workouts. Find some exercises you can perform that won’t contribute to your issues and, if anything, will help rectify the problem.
Train hard. Train smart. Get results.

About Doug
Doug Balzarini, CSCS, MMA-CC, is the owner of DB Strength, which provides fitness training, education, and resources. He is also the strength and conditioning coach for Alliance MMA where he works with UFC Champion Dominick Cruz, Bellator Champion Michael Chandler, Phil Davis, Brandon Vera, Travis Browne, Ross Pearson, Alexander Gustafsson, and more. Prior to starting his own business, Doug worked at Fitness Quest 10 as a personal trainer, strength coach, and Operations Director for Todd Durkin Enterprises (TDE).
He has completed some graduate work in Biomechanics at SDSU and has obtained multiple certifications including ACE, NSCA-CSCS, MMA-CC, TFW Level 1, TRX instructor training, RIP training, EFI Gravity instructor training, LIFT Sandbag Certification, and FMS training. He has produced his 2 DVD projects on strength training for combat athletes, appeared in many fitness videos and articles, and was a coach on “The Ultimate Fighter” FOX TV show in 2012.
For more information please visit www.dbstrength.com.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий