вторник, 9 июля 2013 г.

Exercises For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Wrist Pain (Video)


Exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome and wrist pain
I recently got a message from a friend on Facebook asking me to make a video addressing a hand problem he’s been suffering from. He happens to be a guitar player that is specifically limited due to an index finger problem. From the sounds of it, it could be a common issue found with people who have carpal tunnel syndrome. Being a guitar player myself, I completely understand how taxing playing the instrument can be on the musculature of the forearm. Couple that with all the typing I do for this website and there’s a recipe for major dysfunction in my wrist and hands. Fortunately, I have learned a few techniques to help me when I begin to get lingering symptoms of and discomfort in my hand. The video above I demonstrate to techniques to help release the forearm musculature that will in turn relax the hands and hopefully that index finger.
Before going all out on these MFR techniques, it is advised that you address problems happening in the shoulder and neck to ensure you’re getting at the root dysfunction first. Often times, the main issue with people having hand trauma can usually be a result of poor kinetic function originating in the thoraco-scapular and gleno-humeral region. I have trained clients with carpal tunnel syndrome and one of the best aids in transitioning their hand and wrist was addressing their posture in the upper body. With that said, the body is a completely integrated system and it is highly unlikely that we will address the upper body without doing something on the lower structures. Regardless, the techniques on this video have proven to be very useful for my clients and myself.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий